Friday, December 18, 2009

I'm new to the art world, an artist. How is the best way to sell my works,oil, landscape, stills.?

I've tried local events, No success. I need to find the right geographical area or market place for fine art, but dont know how. Please advise.I'm new to the art world, an artist. How is the best way to sell my works,oil, landscape, stills.?
Get it out on the web.





There are a lot of free sites you can start with:


www.absolutearts.com - post 4 pieces free with artist statement





www.artwanted.com -- quality all over the map, but free





www.artfaceoff.com-- new site, can post 20 pieces and links





www.galleryculture.com --out of Sante Fe, also affliated with a brick and mortar gallery space called Triad, 5 pieces free





http://www.saatchi-gallery.co.uk/yourgal鈥?/a> - out of London, 8 images





all free!





Once you have a website, you can use it in your marketing, send the link to galleries or whereever so they can check out your work.I'm new to the art world, an artist. How is the best way to sell my works,oil, landscape, stills.?
PUT YOUR WORK ONLY IN HIGH CLASS GALLERIES WHERE YOU KNOW PEOPLE WILL HAVE THE MEANS AND ALSO THE APPRECIATION OF THE WORK..... CENTER CITY PHILADELPHIA.. HAS NEWMAN ART GALLERIES ON WALNUT STREET .....THERE ARE MANY MORE.....BE AWARE , THE GALLERY OWNER CHARGES WHATEVER YOU ARE ASKING .....BRINGING THE ASKING PRICE UP TO DOUBLE AND YOU PROVIDE THE INSURANCE DURING THE CONSIGMENT.....THERE ARE MANY IN NEW YORK ETC.....CHECK OUT THE ARTIST MARKETS ONLINE...THESE WILL HELP A LITTLE I HAVE BEEN TO NEWMAN GALLERY ALOT...THATS WHY I SUGGEST IT....THERE IS ALSO DYI IN PHILA. PA CENTER CITY AND ON LINE
Do good art first, if your art is good people will buy it. Believe me there are millions of artists out htere and only so may buyers.


I am talking of experience, good art sells.


Check out my site http://www.piotrwolodkowicz.com


good luck
See if you can get with a Art Gallery, and try to consign your work, some Gallery have showings of new artiest, or maybe a Antique shop
enter an art show or art galleries and sellt he paintings from there, its sort of a process you have to go through first or go to yahoo web and type in how to seel my artwork and you should find some websites i hope i helped :)
you have to try to exibit in an art filled area...all depends on where you live...local is the way to go even if it flopped the first time...try again and keep trying to put your name out there.
Create Your Art Site for management of Your business!





Respect


www.ghenador.com

No comments:

Post a Comment