Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I have an old oil painting, the artist name is Gustaberg I think, how do I find out about this artist?

My grandparents found this painting in a farmhouse attic in Wisconsin, I believe, in the 1930's. It is a fisherman,standing at a river, in the mountains. It is signed by Gustaferg, or Gustaberg, I can not make out the last 4 letters. Under the signature are symbols ..._ I am wondering if there is a websight I can access, to try to find this artist.I have an old oil painting, the artist name is Gustaberg I think, how do I find out about this artist?
My art instructor just told me about artcyclopedia.com it show all sorts of sites to the subject and an artist serch engine!I have an old oil painting, the artist name is Gustaberg I think, how do I find out about this artist?
Simply do a yahoo or google search for the artist ';gustaberg';. You will be provided by an array of various information from a collection of websites. This way you get some variety and it's not the same information over and over, different web sights come from various sources and its good to have sights backed up by an adequate source.

No comments:

Post a Comment