Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I would like to find out who the artist is for an oil painting that I have just acquired. How can I do this?

I have just acquired an oil painting in what appears to be the original frame. The painting is of roses and it has been signed. The signature appears to start with the letters Suz.... but I am unsure exactly. Does anyone know how I can go about finding out who the artist is? Thanks in advance.I would like to find out who the artist is for an oil painting that I have just acquired. How can I do this?
Try taking a good quality, high resolution photograph of the painting and posting it on-line with a working link, Then re-ask you question here with the direct link to a copy of the painting you are asking about and we would be more than happy to help you.





Make sure one of the photographs you take is a close-up of the signature. You can upload your images to places like Flickr or Photobucket.





Without you providing us with an image none of us will be able to help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment