Wednesday, December 16, 2009

How would I find out what would qualify me as an oil painting artist? I have painted at least 50 pieces?

I do landscaping, birds and nature. I've painted 15 different birds and at least 35-40 different landscapes. So far I have given some away and have some I've put for sale in Indianapolis.How would I find out what would qualify me as an oil painting artist? I have painted at least 50 pieces?
You are talking ';state of mind'; more than anything.





I've painted for 50 years and I'm not sure I'm an artist. I always cringe when someone say ';are you an artist';. I always say, I don't know for sure, but I paint....and I don't make enough to support myself....so I'm ';a starving artist';How would I find out what would qualify me as an oil painting artist? I have painted at least 50 pieces?
if you do something creative, in this case paint, you are an artist. you dont have to be commercialized to be quallified as an artist.
Anyone can call themselves an Artist, or any title. However, the test is in the 'calling' by other people. The amount is not a proved measure of ones talent, sell and have critique written words to say you have arrived as an ARTIST.


Spartawo...
You are an artist if you paint - the quality is what sells them, not the quantity.


I have painted hundreds of little black cats sitting in front of flaming fires. This is art too, crap but art and it sells.
if you can paint with oil then your an oil painting artist.
To qualify as an artist, all you have to do is create. Since you're working in oil, then it seems you qualify. Being an artist is a state of mind, imo. You are an artist if you think you are. The quality of your work may be debated, but you can choose to listen or not to any critiques.





Otherwise, ';qualifying'; as an artist could mean that you go to school and earn a BFA or MFA with a concentration in oil painting. These titles may be nice, but just because you have a degree does not mean you are a quality artist :)

No comments:

Post a Comment