Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Does anyone know of an oil painting artist named E. Sonnet?

I have an old oil painting of a market scene in either London or Paris. I am guessing mid-1800's. The artists name is signed E. Sonnet. There is a plaque on the frame inscribed Eug. SonnetDoes anyone know of an oil painting artist named E. Sonnet?
Sonnet is a famous street painter from Paris. I don't know much about him. Being a street painter his works aren't reviewed or is he promoted by a dealer, (I think). Try contacting Kodner Galleries in Saint Louis, MO. I sure I've seen his work there. Drop them a dime and they'll get back to you with the information about this artist. Good Luck!Does anyone know of an oil painting artist named E. Sonnet?
No, but ,an art dealer or antique dealer would know..

No comments:

Post a Comment