Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Can inhalation of artist oil paints over a year cause cancer?

For over a year I have been working in a less than well ventilated studio space with another artist that uses oil paints. I'm afraid that inhaling all of those fumes could be bad news for me in the long run.Can inhalation of artist oil paints over a year cause cancer?
Anything these days can cause cancer. My sister in law had a beauty salon for years and had to sell it because she became ill due to all the fumes. That was over 15 years ago, and she smoked. I'm sure she is concerned about the cancer risk, but, so far, so good. I wouldn't be overly concerned, but if having regular chest x-rays would easy your mind, do it. Then there are people like Christopher Reeve's wife, who never smoked, lead a healthy life and she got lung cancer., so, don't worry, enjoy your life and have regular check ups if you're concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment