Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Does anyone know of an oil painting artist who signed their paintings with R. Taylor?

Oil painting, coastal setting perhaps west coast with cliffs? Maybe even upper west coast, looks to be American indian staffs stuck in the ground. Painting atleast 10-15 years old minimum.Does anyone know of an oil painting artist who signed their paintings with R. Taylor?
I know several artists named ';R Taylor';, the one you are referring to is most likely ';Robert Taylor'; a landscape painter from the western states....then there's ';Rolla Taylor'; a famous Texas artist, again a landscape painter but he used to put houses in his pieces and or chickens running around the yard and stuff like that. Then there is ';Roy Taylor'; another Texas artist. Taylor is such a common name among artists, it could be nearly any of them. you havent posted a photograph of the piece so I cant really say exactly which one it is. if you'd like to e-mail me a photo, i'm at theoregonarist@yahoo.com will be happy to try and figure it out for you.Does anyone know of an oil painting artist who signed their paintings with R. Taylor?
I sign my work R.Taylor but I don't paint landscapes...
I am pretty sure that artist guy, ummmmm r. taylor, he signed his works that way. I think.?

No comments:

Post a Comment